What is B-12?:
- Vitamin B-12 is essential for our bodies. It supports cognitive and nerve functioning, advances mental and cardiovascular health, as well as promoting the healthy production of red blood cells.
- Also known as “cobalamin”, vitamin B-12 is found in eggs, dairy, and meat-based products.
- It is a water-soluble vitamin which plays a role in maintaining various aspects of your health.
- Being water-soluble, our bodies can’t store B-12, so it must be replenished on a regular basis.
- Getting enough B-12 into your system will help ensure that your body is functioning at its best, allowing you to focus on achieving your goals and leading a healthier lifestyle.
To help you understand more, we’re going to take a closer look at the benefits of B-12, signs of deficiency, and how to ensure sufficient B-12 levels are maintained to optimise our fabulous bodies!
Boosting your energy levels! B-12 assists in the conversion of the delicious foods we eat into glucose for energy and helps improve our production of red blood cells, which deliver oxygen throughout the body.
- Aids weight loss and boosts your metabolism.
- Improves your sleep.
- Lowers your risk of Parkinsons and Alzheimers
- Enhances memory,
- Improves concentration and…
- Clears “brain fog”!
Supporting the nervous system:
B-12 boosts our neurotransmitters. Studies have found that a lack of B-12 can be associated with brain atrophy commonly found in seniors with dementia and/or memory loss. So to avoid forgetting our own names or that last thing on the grocery list, best we get some B-12 😉
Helps with depression and anxiety:
Low levels of serotonin can be associated with depression. While it does not mean that a lack of —12 will necessarily spark episodes of depression, one study found that individuals with a severe B-12 deficiency were more than twice as likely to exhibit depression.
B-12 encourages cell regeneration, leaving you skin looking more radiant and less fatigued.
Stronger, shinier hair and nails:
Vitamin B-12 can reduce hair breakage, help your nails become stronger, reduce dryness, redness and uneven skin tone. That ticks a lot of boxes right?!
B-12 offers serious benefits to skin health, since our skin is constantly regenerating. The healthier your skin, the faster it renews.
What happens if I don’t have enough B-12?:
If you find yourself feeling really out of it, maybe experiencing fatigue or lethargy, it’s possible you’re experiencing a vitamin B-12 deficiency.
Most healthy adults have a heavy store of B-12 in their liver. However, some individuals suffer from pernicious anaemia, whereby the body cannot absorb B-12 properly. This lack of B-12 affects people of all genders, ages, shapes, and sizes.
Typically though it’s common in pregnant women, vegans and vegetarians, those with digestive disorders and most often seniors.
Other symptoms include:
- Mouth ulcers,
- Pins and needles,
- Disturbed vision, or
- Changes in the way that you walk and move around.
Basically all things we like to avoid! If you are experiencing these, don’t stress, there IS a way you can side-step these symptoms.
Wait for it…
…Our spectacular B-12 injection!
Unlike oral supplements, injections bypass the digestive system and avoid absorption problems. Your body will use the maximum amount it needs and expel the rest through your urine, meaning 100% absorption for maximum effect and minimal waste.
These injections ensure that your body gets the full benefits of essential micro-nutrients, which boost your immune system and jump start the powerhouses of your body.
Injections are delivered directly into your bloodstream, (just like our G&T’s), which guarantees the ingredients are immediately available for your cells to use, making you feel on top of the world!
Rather than only relying on poor absorption rates in your digestive system, try a B-12 vitamin injection today.