What’s the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and IPL
Spring’s sprung and that time to get your pins and pits ready for the warmer weather is fast approaching. You don’t want to wax, shaving’s a stress and no one likes the smell of hair removal cream – so what options are left? Laser hair removal or IPL hair removal. And how do you choose?
What’s laser hair removal?
- Laser machines produce one specific wavelength of concentrated pure light (red only) to precisely target the dark pigment (melanin) in your hair follicles. The laser heats the follicle to disable regrowth permanently.
- The heat from the laser machine is absorbed by the hair follicle rather than the surrounding skin so laser hair removal offers little-no risk of irritation and is the safer hair removal option.
- While some laser hair removal machines are limited in their ability to remove hair determined by hair type and colour, Duetto MT EVO laser hair removal is effective for all skin and hair types and colours. The setting chosen will be determined at your free skin care consultation. Discomfort should be mild to moderate at most and Duetto’s innovative integrated cooling system will increase your comfort further.
- Laser hair removal technology is proven to permanently remove hair with fewer treatments and appointment times over time. You may find you can stop regular treatments altogether after three-six months, with occasional top-ups as required.
“Duetto MT EVO laser hair removal is accurate, permanent, comfortable, quick, cost-effective and suitable for all”
- IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light devices provide a broader spectrum of colours and wavelengths, meaning it’s not possible to accurately concentrate the beam in contrast to laser hair removal.
- This dispersion of wavelengths and colours means that diffused energy can’t target the melanin in the hair follicle alone and that the surrounding skin is also treated. This comes in handy when targeting larger areas for acne and age spots – but not for something as precise as hair removal.
- Because IPL’s various wavelengths reach the skin surrounding the hair follicles with each pulse, users may feel more discomfort than with the cooling waves of Duetto MT EVO laser hair removal.
- IPL is used to slow down hair regrowth but isn’t permanent like with laser hair removal. As less IPL energy is absorbed by the hair follicle to achieve hair reduction, more regular on-going treatments are needed, especially for thicker/deeper hair follicles.
What’s more effective?
- It’s accurate
- It’s permanent
- It’s more comfortable
- It’s quick (appointment times from 15 minutes)
- It’s more cost-effective (over time)
- It’s suitable and safe for all hair and skin types and tones
Call 01273 452462
to arrange your free consultation